Banner

Banner

Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 4a

Changing name may sounds like an easy step – what could be easier than changing a few words?! Apparently, this is not the case for a business name (perhaps it is still easier than changing a last name) – as soon as I changed my shop name on Etsy, I realized that I also need to change my banner. Got it! I like new banner even more!


But the more I think about my new name and new slogan, the more I feel that this new name defines my thinking about the whole business. I feel this is not just a few words, but rather a new concept of doing business. I started to think about my business’s mission, I want and I need to change my “about” page, shop description page…
I think, you got the idea.

By the way, if you are interested, this is very easy to change the name on Etsy. The only caveat is they allow you to change the name only once. Also, Etsy is nice enough to promise maintaining links to the old name as is – all of them will be redirected to the new shop. However, it also makes it difficult to find an untaken name, because some shops are already closed or renamed, you can’t find them anywhere, but Etsy is keeping preserving those names and I was getting “name already been taken” error quite a few times.

I will continue my journey in a couple of days. I do not want to leave an unfinished business behind – changing business name is more work than it looks like at first!

White and Gold Beaded Necklace With Pearl Pendant

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails